Serves 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 3 minutes
- One 17.5oz. Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 Cup Black or Green Olives, Sliced
- 3 oz. Don’s Smoked Salmon, Flaked
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 Clove Garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp of Salt and Pepper
- Add all ingredients for the dressing above to a large mixing bowl, mix together, and set aside.
- Cook Gnocchi according to directions and drain.
- Fold the Gnocchi around into the dressing until all Gnocchi is covered in dressing.
- Add all other ingredients into the Gnocchi and fold around until all ingredients are distributed. Season to taste and serve immediately.
- This dish must be prepared and served immediately. Room temp and fresh is the best condition to serve this dish.
- Goes great with a slice of soft garlic bread!
Fun Fact: Gnocchi (NOH-kee, singular gnocco) are various thick, small, and soft dough dumplings that may be made from semolina, ordinary wheat flour, egg, cheese, potato, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, or similar ingredients, with or without flavorings of herbs, vegetables, cocoa, or prunes. The dough for gnocchi is most often rolled out, then cut into small pieces of about the size of a cork. They are then pressed with a fork or a cheese grater to make ridges which hold the sauce. Alternatively, they are simply cut into little lumps. Gnocchi is usually eaten as a replacement for pasta as a first course, but they can also be served as a contorno (side dish) to some main courses. Source.
Order smoked salmon today and create this recipe!
Free shipping on orders over $65
Share This Recipe